START PUTTING YOUR BEST CHIN FORWARD
As a person ages, skin loses its elasticity. When this happens to the skin of the neck and chin in combination with fat formation, the result can be the appearance of a double chin. In the modern world where people make snap judgments based on appearance, a double chin may cost a person everything from a chance at a date to that promotion at work. But before you schedule a liposuction, we want to tell you how Dr. Alex can reduce your double chin without surgery.
NY Face Place Offers an Injectable Double Chin Treatment
At NY Face Place, we are proud to be able to offer our clients Kybella. In 2015, the FDA approved this injectable drug for use in surgery-free chin fat reduction. How does it work? The simplified version is that Kybella is injected into the chin and it dissolves the fat. It is a non-invasive procedure that can be performed in-office, and it is getting excellent results.
Why Choose Injectable Treatment Over Liposuction for Double Chin Reduction?
Here are three major advantages of choosing this injectable treatment rather than opting for an invasive surgery to remove double chin fat.
- No General Anesthesia Required – While liposuction requires a patient to be completely under, injectable treatments do not. This provides a huge advantage in recovery time. Dr. Alex can deliver a Kybella treatment in about 15 to 20 minutes. You can even drive yourself to and from NY Face Place. In clinical trials, a little over half of patients required 6 treatments, 1 month apart from each other, to receive the full benefits.
- Reduced Risk of Infection – If you have an infection in the location where injections will be administered, you need to wait until the infection clears up before receiving the treatment. However, the overall risk of infection is far less because surgery carries a great risk of transferring infection into the incisions both during and after the procedure. With Kybella, at worst, you may experience some bruising, swelling, or numbness under the chin. Your body should heal within 2-3 days, and no bandages are required.
- Reduced Risk of Complications – Liposuction to remove a double chin can often result in damage to the nerves of the jaw and face. The results can be weakness of the face muscles and difficulty swallowing. In clinical trials, Kybella caused difficulty swallowing in just 2% of patients and the condition resolved within an average of 3 days of treatment. Facial weakness occurred for just 4% of patients and took an average of 44 days to resolve.
“I hate having my picture taken. You can see my double chin from every angle. I’m not overweight, but my chin makes me feel like I am.”
A common concern of our patients regarding Kybella… “Between the fat under my chin and the sagging skin, it looks like I have at least two chins, and that’s when someone catches me from my good angle. I want to turn back the clock to when every angle was my good angle andevery photograph of me only showed one chin.”
Kybella Is a revolutionary treatment for getting rid of a double chin without invasivesurgery. Kybella melts away the fat under the chin. Imagine liposuction for your neck but without the dangerous surgery. You don’t need general anesthesia. The risk of infection is all but eliminated. You just have to wait for any surface infections near the planned injection site to clear up before having the treatment performed. Plus, there are fewer complications. A consultation with Dr. Alex will help you determine if Kybella is right for you, how many injections are needed (based on the amount of chin fat), and how many sessions should be scheduled. Get rid of that unsightly double chin today with a non-invasive alternative to double chin surgery.
Why Choose NY Face Place and Dr. Alex for Kybella?
Even though Kybella is an injectable and not an invasive procedure, you still only want to have it administered by a trained healthcare specialist like Dr. Alex. At NY Face Place, we strive to help you reach your personal treatment goals. This involves:
- Determining if you qualify for the treatment (based on previous cosmetic treatments, any current medications such as blood thinners, pregnancy, breastfeeding, or other factors that may affect treatment eligibility).
- Determining the number of injections needed per session based on the amount of chin fat.
- Determining the number of sessions needed (no more than 6, each scheduled 1 month apart).
In clinical trials, more than 1,600 people benefited from Kybella. This is a safe alternative to surgery for double chin treatment. Contact NY Face Place today by calling 516.294.9454 to schedule a consultation. Dr. Alex is ready to meet with you to discuss how you can reduce a double chin without surgery.