MEET DR. ALEX
Dr. Alex Meneshian MD, DDS, FAACS
Dr. Alex Meneshian was born and raised in Montreal. He is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon His professional education started at McGill University where he was awarded his D.D.S. degree with high honors graduating at the top of his class.
He then went on to obtain his M.D. degree at the State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine. Dr. Meneshian then completed his combined residency in General Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He completed a competitive fellowship program at the University of Pennsylvania focusing mainly on facial reconstructive surgery and facial cosmetic surgery. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
He is an attending doctor at many of the areas prestigious hospitals, including Winthrop University Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital, St.-Francis Hospital, University Hospital and Medical Center at Stony Brook, and Nassau University Medical Center.
Dr. Alex Meneshian practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery.
His special areas of interest are facial cosmetic surgery and facial reconstructive surgery.
- D.D.S. – McGill University.
- M.D. – SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine.
- Fellowship – Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, focusing on the treatment of facial cosmetic surgery and reconstruction patients.
- Residency in General Surgery at University Hospital and Medical Center at SUNY Stony Brook/School of Medicine.
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
Dr. Meneshian is a member of numerous professional organizations including the following:
- American Medical Association, Medical Society of the State of New York, Suffolk County Medical Society, Suffolk Academy of Medicine.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons,
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Fellow American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery