A well-defined neck silhouette is considered a mark of beauty and youthfulness, especially for women. However, anyone can grow self-conscious if they begin to see sagging skin in their neck area. Especially in the social media age, where every picture taken of you could end up on Instagram, you don’t want to give the impression that you have a double or triple chin due to a little extra skin or fat in the neck region. What can you do?
A neck lift procedure is a great way to take years off of your appearance without going as far as getting a facelift. What is involved in a neck lift procedure, and is it right for you? Here are a few things to consider:
- A neck lift involves the removal of excess skin as well as fat from under the chin. It also involves the tightening of the soft tissue of the neck.
- A neck lift is far less invasive than a facelift and requires less recovery time.
- It is more successful for patients who do not require a facelift at this time. Very often, the neck begins to show age well before the face, so this is a good way to head off the aging process before a more invasive procedure is required.
- This is an outpatient procedure but still requires anesthesia.
- It takes about two to three weeks for all of the bruising to subside.
- As with any surgery, there are risks to a neck lift procedure. Your surgeon should discuss these risks with you. You can minimize the risks by following through on the surgeon’s recommendations for both before and after the surgery.
Who Should Be Interested in a Neck Lift Procedure?
Patients who receive the most satisfying results understand what a neck lift can or cannot accomplish. You can have realistic expectations if you know who the procedure is designed for. Here are some examples of the aging signs that can be reversed by a neck lift procedure:
- Fat accumulation under the chin that causes a “double-chin” appearance
- Loose neck skin
- Sagging jowls
On the other hand, a neck lift will not reduce the signs of aging in a person’s face.
Getting a Neck Lift Procedure on Long Island
If you are ready for a consultation, then contact NY Face Place in Mineola today! Dr. Alex has the skills and experience to provide you with the best results. Call 516.294.9454 to set up your appointment now.