A microplane treatment is designed to exfoliate your face, removing dead skin as well as short, soft hairs. You may also have heard of this treatment as dermaplaning. What should you know about microplane treatment? What are the benefits that you can receive? Where should you go for this procedure if you live in New York City or on Long Island? Here are a few tips to help you enjoy silky smooth skin on your face.
What Is a Microplane Treatment?
Whether you call it microplaning, dermaplaning, or blading, the procedure goes the same way. Here are a few things to help you understand the process:
- This cosmetic treatment uses an exfoliating blade to remove the top skin layers.
- Microplaning is safe for just about anyone. However, you should only have it performed by a trained professional.
- There is no recovery time. You can go right back to work.
- A microplane treatment will not be covered by your medical insurance, so you need to be prepared to pay upfront or to work out a payment plan with your medical spa.
- The treatment provides stunning results for about three weeks at a time, so it is best to have the procedure performed when you have special events coming up. You may also want to schedule regular treatments.
What Are the Benefits of Microplaning?
Micorplaning can be used to smooth the surface of your skin. This provides a more youthful and attractive appearance. The treatment can successfully remove pockmarks and acne scarring from your skin. It will also get rid of those annoying little facial hairs. If you are dealing with any of the following skin problems, then microplane treatment may be for you:
- Acne scars – Remove skin-small surface scars.
- Dry skin – Remove dead skin cells and stimulate collagen production.
- Sun-damage – Turn back the clock on damage from the sun.
- Fine wrinkles – Help remove fine lines from your face.
- Dull skin – Get a more radiant appearance.
If this sounds like the treatment you have been looking for, then all you need to do is find the right medical spa in your area. If you live in or around Long Island in NY, then you happen to be in the perfect location.
Schedule Your Microplane Treatment Today!
If you are looking for a medical spa to have your microplaning performed at, then you have come to the right place. The medical spa at NY Face Place can help you to meet your appearance goals. Call 516.294.9454 to schedule your appointment now.